6,000 Untaxed Kildare Vehicles on Irish Roads
MyVehicle.ie release data revealing 6,000 untaxed Kildare vehicles on Irish roads
- MyVehicle.ie reports that 6,000 untaxed Kildare registered vehicles are estimated to currently being driven on Irish roads.
- 4.7% of vehicles written-off in 2015 are Kildare registered vehicles.
- 706 new vehicles were registered in Kildare between January-September 2015.
- The most popular car colour in Kildare is black,while Hyundai is the most common car brand.
- To date, over 400 independent and franchise car dealerships are using the MyVehicle.ie database to instantly receive an accurate valuation and assess the history of second-hand vehicles.
Thursday, 8th October 2015: The car history check service MyVehicle.ie has published statistics on second-hand cars today to highlight the importance of conducting a thorough background check before purchasing a second-hand car. MyVehicle.ie’s statistics reveal that nearly 6,000 vehicles with Kildare registration plates on Irish roads are untaxed, while 4.7% of all vehicles that were written off this year were Kildare registered vehicles. Car clocking, write-offs and false NCT certificates are just some of the issues that show up from a MyVehicle.ie background checks.
The MyVehicle.ie database is the most comprehensive vehicle background check available to drivers in Ireland, with data compiled from numerous official trade sources. Each year the website is used by over 400 independent and franchise car dealerships and qualified mechanical engineers to instantly receive an accurate valuation and to assess the history of second-hand vehicles. A basic check for customers purchasing a second-hand car provides over 30 pieces of information on the car’s background, including sales history,if the car has been written-off, clocked, stolen, imported, or if it has had any model modifications. The latest statistics indicate black is the most common car colour in Kildare, while Hyundai is the most common car brand.
Speaking about the statistics, Justin Kavanagh, Managing Director of MyVehicle.ie said:
MyVehicle.ie is owned and operated by Vehicle Management System (VMS) which provides a range of services to the automotive industry including insurance companies, independent vehicle assessors, financial institutions and independent and franchise motor dealers. VMS has partnerships with Dublin Institute of Technology (DIT), the Institution of Automotive Engineer Assessors and the Institute of the Motor Industry (IMI).
MyVehicle.ie helps you to find the right vehicle with the right history. For a full vehicle history check, visit www.myvehicle.ie