The New Ford Focus 2018
The new version Ford Focus went on sale in Europe during the summer 2018 and since its release, it has earned no less than 12 awards across Europe, including two car of the year awards.
Ford has sold more than 42,000 new Focus cars year to date as of November, in countries throughout Europe.
The Ford Focus ST-line variant has been extremely popular and has accounted for more than 40 per cent of sales all over the EU.
The new Focus comes in Chrome Blue and Desert Island Blue and also has a new 8-speed automatic transmission. It also comes with advanced driver assistance technology.
The new models Focus also come in Vignale and Titanium trims, giving the Focus a more stylish and upscale feel than any previous car. The Focus chief program engineer for Ford of Europe, Glen Goold said:
“Media, motoring experts and–most importantly–customers are full of praise for our all new Focus, and that’s reflected in both variety of awards the car is winning and the rate at which they’re flying out of showrooms,”
“To be considered the best in such a competitive segment is a very high level of praise.”
The Ford Focus has won the Car of the Year award in Finland and Croatia in 2018. It has also won the Family Car of the Year award in Belgium and best compact car of the year in Bulgaria after winning the Autobild Golden Wheels Award.
The Focus didn’t stop there, and it received seven additional awards from the United Kingdom to the Czech Republic as well as here in Ireland where is won the accolade as Irish Car of the Year for a compact car
Here is the complete list of accolades below:
- Car of the Year 2019 – Finland
- Car of the Year 2019 – Croatia
- Belgian Family Car of the Year (two price categories) – Belgium
- Irish Car of the Year awards: Small/Compact Car of the Year – Ireland
- Autobild Golden Wheels Award: Best Compact car – Bulgaria
- BusinessCar Awards: Best Lower-Medium Car – U.K.
- Parkers New Car Awards 2019: Best Small Family Car – U.K.
- 2018 Scottish Car of the Year Awards: Best Family Car – Scotland
- Auto Zeitung Auto Trophy 2018: Compact category winner – Germany
- Great Austrian Automobile Prize: Start category winner – Austria
- Entrepreneurs Car of the Year – Spain
- Czech Republic Fleet Awards 2018: Benefit category winner – Czech Republic