No motor tax refunds for vehicles off road during Covid-19
No motor tax refunds for cars kept off the road during lockdown
The Irish State collected more than €362 million in motor taxes during the height of the “pandemic” but the ‘Green’ Minister for transport, Eamon Ryan has said that they will not be offering any motor tax refunds even though they forced us off the roads.
- Total Motor Tax (4½ months): €362,164,467
- Private cars: €294,578,977
- Electric cars: € 3,936 for electric cars
- Goods vehicles: €57.19 million
- Electric-powered goods vehicles: €60,268