New Car Awards
AUTO Trader in the UK has held its first 'New Car Awards' and in the process has named the 10 cars its says can "truly be described as consumer car champions".
The new car awards committee came up with the list of winners after they got the views of around 10,000 of its users.
They found that about half of car buyers did not know what car category types were such as SUV, crossover. Some didn’t even understand the designation family hatchback and what that means.
They also discovered that around a third would buy either a used or new vehicle.
Andy Pringle, who is the Cars Editor at the magazine said:
"The aim of Auto Trader's New Car Awards was to make car awards simpler and easier to understand for car buyers, but also to put the power in the hands of the consumer, providing an accurate reflection of the cars that are true consumer champions,"
[caption id="attachment_4358" align="aligncenter" width="620"] The Jaguar XF won top honours in the Auto Trader New Car Awards[/caption]
Auto Trader New Car Awards winners
- The Jaguar XF was named as the new car of the year.
- Best car for families - Mercedes-Benz E-Class
- Best car for city drivers - Mini
- Best value new car - Skoda Yeti
- Best car for long distances - Mercedes-Benz C-Class
- Most fun car to drive - Audi TT
- Best car for new drivers - Ford Fiesta
- Car brand with best features - Volvo
- Green car of the year - Volvo XC90 T8
- Best car launched in the last year - Skoda Kodiaq
- New car of the year - Jaguar XF
If you are interested in importing a car from the UK, you may like to click the link.
Justin Kavanagh is a recognised leader in automotive intelligence and vehicle data supply to the entire motor industry. He has almost 20 years experience in building systems from the ground up. As the Managing Director of Vehicle Management System, he understands the need and importance of trustworthy and reliable vehicle history and advice to both the trade and the public.
Follow me on LinkedIn